FOR HACKNEY SCHOOLS ONLY
The School Journey Grant was withdrawn by Hackney Council in 2014. Council policy is for schools to use Pupil Premium. However, The Kench Hill Charity is committed to inclusion and is striving to raise funds to assist families in need by providing a Bursary. Please note the following:
- There is no change to the criteria for eligibility eg for families in receipt of child tax credits, income support etc
- The bursary is £50 against the cost of a full week. Pro-rata awards are granted for part-weeks or weekends.
- Pupils that are recorded on the School Application Form as being in receipt of free school meals automatically qualify for the Bursary and do not need to complete the Parent Application Form.
- We may be able to offer additional assistance for pupils in exceptional circumstances. Headteachers should contact us to discuss this.
- We cannot deal with telephone enquiries from individual families, but can receive email queries on email@example.com
- Please let us know if you find any problems. We especially need to know if further assistance is required for parents who do not speak English eg if translations of the guidance notes are necessary in particular languages.
Kench Hill Bursary Procedure
- Please complete the School Application Form SJG SCHOOl application form with details of all pupils who receive free school meals and return to us 2 months prior to your visit. There is no limit on the number of pupils who wish to claim the Grant and we encourage as many as possible to do so. We can refuse to award grants if applications are sent retrospectively.
- We rely on you to provide accurate records regarding free school meal status, but may need to verify with Pupil Benefits team.
- Please copy and hand out Parent Application Forms SJG PARENT application form to families who DO NOT receive free school meals, but may be eligible for a grant. The form can be sent by email on request, or downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- Parents should return application forms direct to Kench Hill with proof of eligibility. However you can choose to collect the forms yourself and forward to us.
- We will process applications and inform you if a Bursary cannot be awarded. We will NOT inform parents directly.
- Please contact us asap if you have any withdrawals or late applications, although we cannot guarantee late claims will be successful.
- Once the Bursary fund has been allocated no more applications can be considered – it is on a first come, first served basis within each financial year.
- We will deduct the total amount of Bursaries applicable from your final invoice.
Thank you for your cooperation.